1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Jetglo 4003 Rickenbacker, '03 perhaps?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mlwarriner, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    Jetglo 4003 Rickenbacker, I believe it's a 2003 model, will check serial numbers tonight and verify. Excellent condition. Includes hardshell case, and I believe all of the case candy (throw rag, keys, wrenches, etc). Also includes the original Schaller strap locks and a black nylon strap (the locks are on the strap, and it's just as easy to replace the strap as it is to pull the locks off).

The only issue that I know of is with the case. The straps that hold the case lid from flopping all the way over have come detached on one end, thus if you open the case the lid portion will, in fact, flop all the way over. I've been careful not to let that happen, in fear of "springing" the hinges. The straps are not broken, it's just that the glue came loose. I've seen the same problem with several other Rickenbacker cases.

Anyhow, here's some pictures:

DSCF1108.

c81e_1.

bfe6_1.

I will take and post more detailed pictures if needed.

Cash Price: $1,475 shipped and insured. Will only ship to the US. Willing to entertain trade offers, but there's no cash on my end to trade up. Only interested in fretted 4-string basses. Will consider multi-bass deals, or your bass plus cash deals.

Paypal, or USPS Money order are acceptable forms of payment, as well as cash in person if you're interested in meeting in person to make the deal. I'm willing to drive a couple of hours in any direction from the greater Kansas City Metro Area to make a deal and to avoid shipping hassles. Will renegotiate final selling price if we deal in person.

Specifics on my "interested list" would include:
    Tobias Killer B
    Tobias Growler
    LeCompte
    Zon
    Modulus
    Spector perhaps
    Lakland

Shoot me some offers, if you like, for trading purposes. I *might* also be tempted by high-powered combo amp offers, something along the lines of a GK 1001RB/210 combo or the like.

Also, email is probably a better way to contact me than through PM, as I can only check in here a couple of times per day. Email address is matthew.warriner@hdrinc.com

Thanks!

(and to any cross-forumites from eBassist...yeah, I know. I said the Ric was forever. well, things change i suppose :D:D Curse me and my terminal GAS)

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    :eek:

3. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    :( yup :(

4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
  5. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    So...ehm... how much for the Bag Ends? :bag:

C'mon Matt--you knew it was coming. :D
    Bump for a great guy--and a killer bass.

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Alrighty, I guess I'll start this show...PM sent.

7. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    and replied :)

8. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    Serial Number confirmation from Rickenbacker.com places this bass as made in week 12 of 2003.

9. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    wow. go away for a day or so and you find yourself on page three :(

Bump :)

10. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    deal pending :cool:

11. i dealt with mlwarriner before.... great guy who cares about his buyers and responds so fast and answers all questions in a clear readable manner!

Good luck with sale!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.