1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jferro Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gregg Oliver, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Gregg Oliver

Gregg Oliver

Nov 26, 2015
    I've owned 2 Jferro basses. The first was an Arcadia 5 string. It's a beautiful guitar felt great and sounded great. I was in love! I stayed in love for about an hour when it started to cut out. I'd be playing and then the audio would drop out completely. It took a number of phone calls to get anybody to reply to my request for help. Jose the owner call me back and told me it was my cables or my amplifier or some other piece of equipment it couldn't be his bass. All of my equipment is pro equipment of course and I've been using it with other basses for years. Further been a musician all my life and I already traded out all the cables and all the amps and everything else before I decided it had to be my new Bass. I sent it back to Jose and he said he played it at his rehearsal and it had no problem. And he would have his Tech check it out. They sent it back to me and it was in exactly the same condition. So I wasn't very impressed with their troubleshooting skills, and Jose said he would send me a new Bass as soon as he got one. He said it would be 2 months. Turned out it was 5 months. To make up for all that he sent me an upgraded bass... a Denair 5. I was in love again! It was even better than the Arcadia he sent and it never cut out not for a second. However when I took it in to get it set up the guy told me there was something wrong with the neck. He said it up and it played perfectly but in a couple of weeks the action had drifted Way High and so started a new struggle with resetting the truss rod to get a straight neck and then 2 weeks later it drifts either high or low and I have to reset it. I called to complain about this and he told me that I had put different strings on it from the ones that it shipped with. And that was my problem. I have never been told by anybody that you can only use one kind of strings on an instrument. Anyway I reported to him that the truss rod nut seemed cheap and I was afraid it was going to strip out. He said what do you want me to do about it? I said I'll drive it up to LA we can take a look at it together we'll decide what to do. He said that sounded okay and agreed to call me back in an hour to set a date. Over the next 3 weeks I called him 26 times leaving messages sending texts writing emails. He still hasn't responded. So I bought about $100 worth of luthier tools, spent Maybe fifty bucks to get a new truss rod nut because his aren't available anywhere online, got the truss rod nut replaced reset the neck, found out that one of the frets was uneven, filed a down and dressed it, and now the guitar is really fantastic. But you can expect absolutely no support from JFerro. The guitars are great but it's like buying a used instrument at a new price there is no after sales service available. Just a bunch of talk.

2. zipnla

zipnla

Aug 30, 2004
    Los Angeles

3. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Reviews of these basses and this company have not been stellar... The guys seemed like they had it together also. Its a shame.

4. Gregg Oliver

Gregg Oliver

Nov 26, 2015
    I think they're out of business