1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jim Ates - Sean Dietrich Trio

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by bolo, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    A friend of mine (alto player) sent me this link. Says he played with the bass player Jim Ates for a long time.

2. RDW

RDW

Feb 5, 2008
    RDU
    Agreed. Very nice and reminiscent of Bill Evans trio.

Any other recommendations on modern piano/bass/drum trios? DC-based Shook/Russo trio (FAB trio) is a completely different vibe. European trios don't sound like this, either (Phronesis, EST).

Thanks.

3. Sounds great, the camera work made me a little sick though. Looks like some kind of editing effect. Why?

4. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    I have been enjoying Keith Jarrett's Yesterdays. Released in January of this year, it was actually recorded live in Tokyo in 2001. Basically all standards and some bebop like You Took Advantage of Me, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, Scrapple from the Apple, Stella by Starlight, and more. It was written up in BP recently where they said it was one of the nicest sounding examples of Gary Peacock's live tone.