jim bergantino needs to make a 4x10!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by narud, May 2, 2002.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    after going to the la bass exchange and playing through a berg 3x10 i decided that was the sweetest cab ive ever played through. my fretless f bass never sounded so good. but... i want a 4x10 cab. i much prefer gigging with a single 4x10. if they started producing a 4x10 with that tone id buy one in a second.
  2. What was wrong with the 3x10? Not loud enough?
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

welcome to the Bergie side... ;)

like cj said, did it not have enough low end? i think they've got plenty. try a 2x12 if you can. might not be punchie enough for a 10" guy like yourself, but the lows are definitely there.
  4. midlife

Nov 21, 2001
    Welcome to the life of Berg.

I play through a 310 and for most shows it is plenty. I was running Eden before but the Berg just blows it away.
  5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Bergantino has some new cab designs in the works, stay tuned.

They are only a few miles from my house; I know some guys who work there and there are some prototypes loaned out to local players for gig testing.
  6. midlife

Nov 21, 2001
    Yeah, I heard the same. I also heard the Berg prices may come down a little also. I'm talking like maybe 50 - 100 bucks on a 310.

Nice cabinets though.
  7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    yeah it is a lound a cab, but theres only so much volume your going to get out of a 3 10's. it just kind of seems like its a 3x10 for gimmicks sake rather than functionality, since its only a little bit lighter than an average 4x10 and its pretty big.

either way, its still an amazing cab and i might just have to pick one up! i emailed jim yesterday and he emailed me back today and said that they were going to announce a new cab in 4-6 weeks.
  8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a Bergantino 3/10, and it puts out just as much as my Eden 4/10! Cabinet design has come a long way in the last ten years......but if you want more woof.....check out the 2/12:D