Jim Carroll returns to Worcester, MA...with a band!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Last June of 2004 I had the opportunity to play bass with Jim Carroll. If you don't know who Jim Carroll is, he is most famous for the song "The People Who Died" and for writing "The Bastketball Diaries". Those things are a small part of his career but Leonardo DiCaprio was only in one movie based on a book of his.

Last year he was booked to read from his forthcoming book at The Lucky Dog, in Worcester MA. It was a big deal that he was coming to Massachusetts; he had not been in years. Greg Munro, who booked the event, suggested to The Curtain Society (Roger, Duncan and I) that we learn a couple Jim Carroll songs and he would see if Jim would perform them. When Scott Ricciuti from Huck heard about the appearance, being a huge fan, we thought it was perfect to have him join the band to play guitar. The four of us got our copies of "Catholic Boy" out and quickly learned the songs.

Well, a year later he's back for another reading, and he ejoyed playing the couple of tunes last year so much that he wanted to do A FULL SET! When we got news of this, we were floored, especially since he hadn't performed music since, and insisted on having the same band. Talk about elated, lemmie tell ya. So I have to brush up on my avant punk and get ready to bring it on!

April 16th, 2005. Lucky Dog Music Hall, Green St, Worcester MA

If any of you guys are in the area, by all means, stop in...it's gonna be a great night. Music and readings from his various works. Awesome.

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've had the pleasure of seeing Jim Carroll on 3 occasions with him doing songs at 2 of them, as well as having read all his books. Good fun indeed. Have a great time!

I love Catholic Boy(?). I think that's the name of his record.
  3. Thanks man, yeah it should be a blast...essentially half of Catholic Boy and a couple surprises.

4. Well, the show was a total blast...everyone involved was stellar. I will post pictures as soon as they are made available to me.

Thanks to all of you for coming. ;)