1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jimi Hendrix 70th Anniversary Tribute Series Univibe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassburton, Dec 30, 2012.

1. So, I was curious about the new Jimi Hendrix pedals that MXR released. Particularly... The 70th Anniversary Univibe, as I am looking to replace my chorus. Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody on the forum had tried it. So if anyone's tried it, please give me your opinions on it. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Victor

2. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

I was trying to figure out how there could be a 70th anniversary Univibe, until I realized they must be going off Jimi's date of birth.

Really? 'Cause I kind of tend to think about him as a late 60's artist...

3. I really like it. For the price, it really is a decent emulation of a vintage Uni-Vibe. You can get subtle with it, dial in some seasick vibes, or make it sound really spacy and springy. Plus you can switch it to vibrato-only mode. They're still available from retailers but some jokers on ebay are already looking for $250 plus for them. So if you still want one, I'd go for it. There are definitely better Uni-Vibe clones out there, but they're also 100 bucks more. Mojo Hand is coming out with a version that could be tempting for me though.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021