Jimi Hendrix's "Ezy Ryder"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by RollingMonkey, Jan 12, 2006.

1. RollingMonkey

Nov 11, 2004
    I can't find a tab of this awesome song anywhere, but my band wants to do a cover of it... I would try and tab it myself, but the problem is that I don't have an amp at home, which makes tabbing by ear pretty much impossible! I've got the main riff down (because it's the same as the rhythm guitar part), but I need the little subtleties, like the intro. Still, I'd really appreciate if anyone could either post a tab of it here, or direct me to somewhere where I can find a tab. And, yes, I have done a Google search, and there's only a (very) incorrect tab that seems to be circulating. Thanks in advance!
  2. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    there is a book of "1st rays" with bass, guitar, and lyrics. You'd be tough pressed to find the tab on the web. If I saw you in person I could show the song to you. Billy Cox is one of my all time favorite bass players!
  3. Well, the book is out of press, and tabbing this song is way, way, way over my head. Anybody can help?
  4. get the guitar chords as a reference and wing it to those chords... just make sure you do the signature riff though...
  5. Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'd just wait till you got an amp, and spend a couple hours tabbing it out. If you're able to, it sounds like you are, just dont have an amp.
  6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Same here..... highly underrated. He just smokes that whole album.