Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jiminy Jilackers, Batman! Look at all the new Ampegs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheChariot, Feb 22, 2005.

1. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/481493/

Well... I guess its officially for sale now, along with the SVT1000. Does anybody have pics or specs for the supposed new 810 cab I heard about a while ago? That'd be interesting to learn about

Now... I've gotta ask here. Is it just me, or does it seem like Ampeg is getting carried away with things a little bit here? None of these new products look like they will be at a different price range than the 4Pro. I guess the 6Pro is supposed to fill the power void that the 3Pro leaves, but is it worth the price? I guess we wont know till these products are tested further... but I have to say, I'm quite skeptical.

I also think the B-Series may be a strikeout as well. The B500R just looks like a B5R with a few pointless features added to it. And... eh... I dont wanna judge too quickly until I have the chance to tinker with these muy expensive gizmos at GC (and break them, like the rest of my teenage peers like to do ;)).

I'm curious for some input, from some of you wise TB old-timers. :smug: