1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jimmy Bain: "Love at First Sting" demos with the Scorpions (1983)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by A.K., Jun 16, 2014.

1. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Recorded in 1983 at Polar Studios in Stockholm. Francis was apparently in the studio all the time and didn't mind Jimmy filling in for him at all. Bobby Rondinelli is on drums in these demos. According to Jimmy, the day he finished his 3 or 4 months as a part-time Scorpion, he flew to London and filmed the "Rainbow in the Dark" video with Dio.

The lines sound about 70% or so similar to how Francis re-recorded them for the final LAFS sessions.

2. Where the hell do you find these pop classics?

A.K. likes this.
  3. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    YouTube, man!

4. Nice. Gotta see if there are any Lynott iso's.

A.K. likes this.
  5. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Dig this--it's Phil playing Jimmy Bain's bass with Wild Horses on the TV show "All Right Now" in 1980.

Gluvhand likes this.
  6. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Here is another clip from that show, but Jimmy sings lead and plays his own bass. Phil chats at the end. Jimmy and Phil were tight; Jimmy played bass and guitar on his solo albums and also played keyboards with Phil on a solo tour around 1982.

7. Very cool! Thanks.

8. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Man, Phil sounds really ****** up when he talks in these clips.

9. Yeah. A lot of people around at the time put some blame on Bain for being a bad influence on Lynott towards the end. Eh. I feel old now.

A.K. likes this.
  10. I'm not saying he wasn't wasted but he really was extremely uncomfortable being interviewed or speaking. Every interview I've seen of his, he seems awkward and shy.

11. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Huh! Didn't know that.