Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Cpt_Llama, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Album's your standard disposable MTV-heavy-rotation alt-pop. File under Weezer or Clem Snide. The video's good though; I like bikini'd girls giving of that funky 70s vibe.
  2. I dunno, I actually like it quite a bit. It is *a lot* better then Weezers latest effort anyway:rolleyes:
  3. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    dud, i have dug that song for about a year now, its sweet. i think it shouldhave got better in the charts than it did, they toured australia but i didnt see them. real smooth original style.
  4. I think "The Middle" is a really good song and I can't think of any other "MTV songs" that sound like it. If you compare it to the current songs by Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Sum 41, and their ilk, then the Jimmy Eat World song is a friggin' masterpiece. ;)
  5. I'm actually liking the guys...cool stuff. Good comparison to weezer BTW. A local band 'round these parts plays "The Middle". It's a crowd fav, so go figure.
  6. Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    jimmy eat world....damn good band...go buy clarity its so much better than bleed american. i bought clarity like a year and a half ago and its been my favorite cd ever....not really a bass heavy band but man they rule. download for me this is heaven and goodbye sky harbor (a 16 minute long song, great to go 2 sleep listening 2)
  7. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    Dude, since september my bands been practicin that song for our skool talent show(i'm only in 7th grade)!!! Its so awesome...nothin good on the bass except for the slides during the chorus. Awesome song
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Argh, I hate being the typical fan, but Jimmy Eat World has been around for good stretch 'o time, and this album really isn't idicitive of their overall vibe. The new album is almost TOO well produced, and the song "Bleed American" doesn't really sound a whole lot like the rest of Jimmy Eat World. Listen to The Static Prevails for a better representation of their emo-ish roots.
  9. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    i saw them live last summer and totally dug them,.. they sounded so sweet live. They were definatly one of the better bands at the show. (I dont want to bring up the old blink 182 debate, but i saw them live at the same show and they were alot better than i thought. I never liked any of their album stuff but they were great live.. I must admit, the musicality isnt all that.)

10. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I love Bleed American. I haven't been able to track done any of their other work yet (either in record shops or online) so I'll reserve judgement on it. I first heard them on the Duran Duran tribute album. Overall Bleed American was probably one of the better releases of last year. YMMV of course.
  11. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    This is a band that me and my two sons like. We saw them open for, yup, Weezer. They played with a lot of energy and passion, which I appreciated.

Tenacious "D" played the same gig, by the way, and I thought they were simply a couple of potty mouths. I didn't get them, but maybe I am getting old.
  12. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    JEW are a really cool band. One of only a few to come out the Phoenix Metro Area scene that I've ever liked. I think Bleed American is a bit of a step in a different direction for the band, but turns out really well. One of my favorites from 2001. However, I like their older stuff more, Clarity is so interesting to listen to and soak up and Static Prevails is the most rocking of the three. Their first album that was self titled is their only work I don't really like that much. They're a really great live band, too.