1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jimmy Haslip is on tour with Jeff Lorber Fusion

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by xnewyorka, Aug 3, 2018.

1. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Owner, John Fox Bass Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Dealer for Adamovic, Bergantino, Dingwall, Richter, Skjold
    I just bought a ticket to see the Jeff Lorber Fusion and was super psyched to learn that Jimmy Haslip is touring with him, as well as Steve Hass on drums.

I played my "Wizard Island" LP so many times as a teenager that I literally wore out the record. Those tunes are so catchy I can still hum every note of every melody on every track even after 38 years. Seeing him perform with Jimmy Haslip is going to be incredible, and especially since I was able to get a seat in the Cabaret section three feet from the stage for fifty bucks on their August 12th show. That's a no brainer!!

gebass6 and Bass_Thumper like this.
  2. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Haslip has been producing Lorber's last few albums so I'm not surprised, should be some great shows!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. IIRC Jimmy has been with Lorber since going on hiatus from the Yellowjackets as well as some other projects. Jimmy is a player I feel is on the verge of really breaking out into something fresh but it has been a long time coming.

4. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Just got to shake hands with the great Jimmy Haslip and wish him a good show this evening. Looking forward to this one!!

jerry likes this.
  5. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Here are a few uploads, in reverse chronological order from when they occurred during the show:

Sorry for the sideways video on number 6. If anybody knows how to rotate it, let me know. Starting with #2, I fixed it by rotating the phone. :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    gebass6, Dr. Cheese and Bass_Thumper like this.