1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

jimmy james

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by seventai, May 9, 2006.

1. seventai

seventai

May 9, 2006
    this is a question for steve, obviously right. anyhow. im pretty new to a lot of your stuff. stewart mckinsey recently turned me on to your music. awesome stuff man.

i was just wondering. on your track jimmy james, what was the inspiration for calling it jimmy james?

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Seventai,

I'm really glad you're enjoying the tunes, thanks very much. Stu's a mean player himself!

'Jimmy James' is dedicated to a friend of mine who died - his name was James, and for reasons long forgotten, I called him Jimmy James and he called me Stevie Steve. Hence the title.

A scary proportion of my tunes are inspired by people dying in one way or another...

cheers!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

3. seventai

seventai

May 9, 2006
    well im sorry you lost him. it does add some more perspective to the piece. it's a pretty moving tune. thnx for sharing it with the world.