Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jimmy's gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So my band had its first gig last night. It was for a 8th grader's party. Yeah the set up was sweet. The actual gig suck monkey bum. We almost got rained out. The music suffered because no one wants the gear ruined. I compeltely didn't know this one song we played. I couldn't lock in to a groove at all. Oh and the amount of people who were watching us was zero. Yeah The only one who watched was a basketball I threw out there cause I was done playing with it earlier that day.

Bright side.
    2 friends like 6 blocks away came and said they could here us (Me) for their house:D :D

How to fix this problem.
    Practice like the dickens. :bassist:

2. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Can't get a better audience then a bunch of drunk 13 year olds... :smug:

3. Don't worry about it.

Look at it as the gig where you got to get your feet wet.

It's better to have a crappie first gig in front of some kids than on stage in front of a bunch of drunk people.

A basketball as you only audience,.....it's better than a bunch of empty chairs.

Better luck next time.

4. CaM90

CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I really doubt your 2 friends could hear you from 6 blocks away, unless you had crazy loud amps. What was the amp you were using?