Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JING CHI

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rafterman, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Has anyone picked up this badass cd?!

I picked it up about a few weeks ago and I'm totally amazed by the musicians!

Vinnie Colaiuta, Jimmy Haslip, and Robben Ford. Whatta trio!!!..

One reason I totally love this cd is because it's kickass, in your face FUSION. This is a must have CD for the musician.

2. I got it a few days ago and I have enjoyed listening to it, but...I was expecting to hear more than Robben Ford soloing, there is only one short bass solo. There is some good interplay between Jimmy and Vinnie, but this is not exactly the kinda cd I expect from Tone Center.
    >>Have you check out Endangered Specied with Jimmy Herring, T Lavitz, Kenny Gradney and Richie Hayward?

3. yeah, this cd would be my favorite cd if track 2 didn't have a drum machine and if the 2 tracks with vocals were taken out or replaced.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I also expected a lot more than just Robben Ford...i mean c'mon!!!...Vinnie and Haslip!!!!
    :mad:

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I picked this up back in Feb; I'd a-swore there was another thread about this disc...I recall yammering about how Haslip played bass on Ford's The Inside Story(in fact, the 'backing band' was Haslip/Ferrante/Lawson. They would go onto record very shortly thereafter as The Yellowjackets).
    Coliauta also played on Ford's Talk To Your Daughter...a fairly straightahead Rock-Blues album. Pretty decent reading of The Yellowjackets' "Revelation"(would later emerge on theor vety own Shades album). These 3 guys do have a history together. ;)

All in all, I like Jing-Chi...there are some moments.