Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JK Lado & Co.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jun 5, 2003.

1. I'v tried doing a search on these basses and just couldn't find much on them.

I was at my local shop today and saw one... never have I noticed mention of these basses before. It was used and was $600 cnd.

Could anyone give me any information on these basses...

what I know of this bass

it's PJ
    1 volume, 2 tone
    has a badass bridge
    neck thru
    and looks musch like a CT

please help me out

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    at 600$ it's a fair price, try it before though...
    All the Lado I played before sounded really bad.

They where made in Canada, I don't know where exactly and as far as I know still in business.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    His basses are on Ebay all the time, some going back to the 70s, and they usually all go for under a grand.

4. They are made in Scarborough (Toronto).

I had an older one for a number of years - they are well made (much like an early B.C. Rich), although they tend to have a lot of midrange.

Steve Harris and Adrian Smith of Maiden both had Lados in the mid 80's. Adrian played his quite a bit live on the Powerslave tour.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The co.is still very much alive.and now being ran by the son of the original creater(and yes they are still made in Canada,with a BC Rich Vibe

6. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    They give me a Carvin vibe.

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    They use to be in Toronto (Scarborough) but moved to the City of Lindsey, Ontario a few years back.

For those unfamiliar with with the Ontario, the city of Lindsey is approx 90 minutes north east of Toronto in the heart of gods country.

Cheers,
    JC

8. I am like 30 minutes from Lidnsey... weird.
    Still considering picking it up, but I'd have to invest in some decent pickups

9. They are very much alive and kicking, true their low end stuff can be a little less than desired...but i have had the opertunity to try a few of their high end stuff...and was really impressed...
    Very beautiful bassess with excellent sound :)

their website is here if you wanted to look around...
    http://www.lado-guitars.com/catalogue.htm#

10. Beautiful basses. I played one, a 5 string, and it was pretty good.