Joan Osborne's Relish

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I've had this CD for years and years and just recently started seriously listening to it. With the exception of "One of Us," the whole album is very, very solid. Several songs stick out to me as absolutely great - "Man in the Long Black Coat," "Pensacola" (once you get past the yodelling being weird, it all sounds very good), "Ladder," which has an undeniabley awesome groove, and "Lumina."

The bass playing is very good too - tons of fretless, which I'm always game for. Production is good, though the electric guitar is sometimes a bit thin. I love the Hammond/Rhodes/piano on the album.

2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Mark Egan is on bass, right?

After this "Pop" album, an earlier Osborne album was released...full of old Skool R&B. Note, too, Osborne was used on the Standing In The Shadows Of Motown concert/cd/DVD.
    She's good at that older, more seasoned Joss Stone?
  3. For me it's all about the song St. Teresa. I have loved that song and the bass on it since I first heard it.
  4. +1 St. Theresa - awesome song!
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Joan's one of my favorites. How about the bass line on
    "Right Hand Man"? Fabulous stuff.
  6. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    She really nailed on the Motown DVD. Made me respect her more.
  7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thanks, y'all. I'm gonna have to pull this album back out. Probably haven't listened to it in at least 6 years. I pretty much forgot about it, but now am very interested in giving it a go from a more "seasoned" approach.