Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

job news

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, May 21, 2004.

1. so, i've been struggling through, doing temp work for the past six months or so since being laid off. and, due to recent events, there is absolutely no way in hell i'm staying in this city after my wife graduates from school at the end of the year. anyway, i've been talking to this guy who has a bike messenger service here in SF, and he wants me to be the dispatcher so he can focus on sales and creating new business. he's offered me a piece of the business if i stay with it long enough, but with my plan of moving soon, that won't work. yesterday i laid it all out for him. told him i could only give him a six month commitment. i thought for sure this would lead to, "sorry. no good." but, he's so pumped on my knowledge of the business and my skills (should that be mad skillz?) that he wants me to come aboard ASAP.

not only is it a kick ass job, with decent money, but once again i'll be working from home! in my underpants! unshaven! unshowered! drinking my own coffee! playing bass when not on the phone! the smiley's here can not express my glee, so i must import this: [​IMG] pure megaman joy!

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    excellent.....just don't eat peanut butter out of the jar with your hands like Puck did.

-Mike

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    A local bike courrier dispatcher...gravy. I do that for trucking, I hope you bike messengers aren't like some truck drivers to deal with. Maybe when you move depending on where you go start an office out there? Congrats