1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Job

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kiwiboy, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Hey guys, I've just left high school and am taking a break before going to university, I'm looking at getting a job at one of the local music shops. So far, so good, I've got plenty of promising responses (maybe too many :D ). Just wondering, does anyone have any tips/info for a newbie to the music industry - about how much can i expect to earn, etc...?

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I'm not sure that working at a shop will see you further into the music industry. Your salary and experience will depend on a number of factors specific to the store you get hired at. These things vary by region, specialty, ownership etc. Are you considering working at a chain?

3. I dont really expect to get further into the industry by working at a shop, but its handy experience while I earn... There are three main options now - Chain (rockshops - sells guitars and such), Semi-independant chain (also rockshops) and several fully independant stores (classical instruments).