Jock forgot to quit football when filling in an aplication to be PUNK *rollseyes*

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    people suck.
    So im gonna tell you a story, gather round.
    A couple weeks ago me and my best friend were hanging around. And this Jock who has a "punk" band called "Ilis *pronounced eyeless :rolleyes:*"
    He came upto us and was talking about how his band ruled and how he bought a new amp "with lightbulbs in it"
    so.. we laugh at him behind our breath.
    Anyway we started talking about TOOL. Because brett(my best friend) is trying to goto the Concert in Biloxi soon.
    This kid with the "punk band" said this. "Oh.. you 2 like tool? they suck! they sold out"
    IM like "really, how so jay?"
    hes like "well. they used to be like.. punk rock like Puddle of mudd and creed and now they are techno"(those were his exact words)
    So we laughed at him and this stupid jock threatened to beat me up for laughing at him. I guess i was hurting his tough guy image.
    So hes like "yeah, They are an okay band(Tool) though, David(thats funny i thought his name was danny) the drummer, that guy sucks. He uses a drum machine. He doesn't even play."
    Im like.. so whos a good drummer jay?
    hes like "travis barker"
    did i mention this guy called Puddle of Mudd punk rawk!?!?
    anyway.. thats my rant..

Also.. some dude is hitting on me at school.. How do i get rid of people like him?? carry some mace and an eminem cd??
    :D :eek: :D

2. Nick, ever listen to the lyrics for "Hooker with a P***s?" Maynard himself talks about how they sold out. Kinda funny, really.

Other than that, it's a funny story. I suppose his "lightbulb amp" was a tube amp.

Actually, as much as I hate Blink one mighty spew, Travis IS a good drummer. He has to downplay his talent in that "band."

3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Yeah man, haha..good song!
    "shuttup and BUY!"
    I think manyard is being sarcastic(not sure entirely though). But manyard is the man. one really really funny thing though is my friend went to the Little Rock tool show, at the end manyard was like "OKAY, EVERYONE GO HOME AND HAVE SEX!" .. i would pay a milllion bucks to goto that show and hear him say that.
    I think.. in Hooker with a...finger though, I think hes talking about like "yeah well you call us sellouts but weve been around before you even heard of us and you clame to be a real fan" sort of, i think.
    Good song though. lol thanks for your contrabutions ChaosGwar. I will salute you by blasting Vlap The Impaler-Gwar really loud at 1:39am in my parents house!
  4. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Hey Nick, Don't put Travis Barker in the same category as dumb jocks and bands like Creed and Puddle Of Mudd.I grew up playing in various bands with Travis and he is a very good drummer as well as a fan of several kinds of music including punk(Bad Religion,Descendents,NOFX,Rancid,Minor Threat,Gorilla Biscuits,Dag Nasty).Travis is also a big fan of Tool and has much respect for Danny Carey's drumming.I don't know how old you are but we were listening to Tool over ten years ago.Don't judge him based on your opinion of Blink-182........
  5. HAHAA thats the funniest bit of the whole lot.

Sheesh man, just hit back on him. See how far he'll take it.

6. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Merls, what are we gonna do with you? :p j/k
  7. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    you wanna get rid off a guy hitting on you at school? Just give him Merls phone number...

8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I am just mad that he considers creed to be good... and puddle of mudd for that matter... oh and he said they were punk.. well... thats just crazy
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    He plays with no helmet I take it?
  10. just want to add my vote for "travis barker rules."
  11. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Danny Carey sucks?????

Man, that kid obviously doesn't know jack about music. :rolleyes:
  12. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    yeah. Its not that travis barker sucks.. hes a pretty good drummer...
    though but what that jock idiot said about jay.
    I kinda feel sorry for travis, I mean he is a serious musician, and hes a good drummer, but he has to be around Mark and Tom all the time.
    Ive been listening to tool since about, hmmm 95.. =D Danny really amazes me with that drum intro on "part of me" =D great song also.
    I have respect for travis as a drummer, but not his band. Hes the most tallented in the band. Ill say that really quick.
    But saying that Hes better than Danny carey. With all due respect to travis... Nahhhhhhhhh lol.
    Cantstandsya. Good point though. Ive heard him talk about descendents before on much music. I thought that was pretty sweet since they are my favorite band. Bill Stevensons one hell of a drummer also. (I play drums too).
    But yeah I kinda just tend to ignore this kid, but that night it was just particularly funny.
    Hes good though. A little overrated sometimes by kids, particulary jocks around here. Mostly I live in the sticks (MS) so they have this kids that play football and wear american eagle and stuff and call themselves hardcore punk rockers because they listen to blink 182.
    I dont consider blink 182 punk. They say "TRAVIS AND MARK AND TOM ARE GODS OF THERE INSTRUMENTS"
    Travis, is good, but by far not a god of drums. But then again who really is?
    as far as mark and tom. Im not gonna get into that.
    as for that dude at school hitting on me. I think im gonna bring my girlfriend to school so she can kick his ass next time he trys to try something silly.
  13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Travis Barker is one hell of a drummer, IMHO. And Danny Carey is unbelievable, one of the best I have heard (note I said one of ).

This dork or jock or whatever he is obviously don't have much of a clue about music. Puddle of Mudd and Creed?? Please.:rolleyes:
  14. nick, darling, how do you even meet such people?!?!?! ah thats awful. the other day i saw a girl with a pink sprkely tank top that said "punk rawk" on it in black sparkley letters playing on the vasity girls cheerleding team. then, she went and made fun of my friends for being in the school play and called them freaks for wearing black. all black. they threw her in the lake. high;y amusing it was. but anyways, CREED IS NOT PUNK ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *runs off and cries*
    mommy! i want it to be 1979 when the clash toured the US again....whaaaaaa....!!!!!
    i was so born in the wrong decade.
    p.s. Travis is an amazing drummer, i was a huge fan of him as anaquabat, and still am a huge fan of him in boxcar and blink, but dude, he has so much more potential than 3 cord blink.

15. LFMAO!!!!

Obviously to help you see your way while you're poking random parts of it with a screw driver...or a fork.

Hehe, that's great, best phrase ever.
  16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    in that case, maybe he has lightbulbs in his electrical outlets, too!

would it be wrong to cross my fingers in hope that it's true?
  17. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    What the hell are you talking about? Travis Barker is an excellent drummer.

Yes, Tool are sellouts.

What's wrong with being in a punk band if you play sports? Are you dense?

You should drink a gallon of bleach and light yourself on fire.
  18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Chug, Chug, Chug, Chug, Chug, woohoo!

.... hmmm I know I've got some mtaches 'round here
  19. No kidding man.

My drummer downloaded some footage of Travis doing some crazy drum solos live. It was insane! I was surprised his arms didn't explode or something.
  20. quote:
    Originally posted by lo-end
    You should drink a gallon of bleach and light yourself on fire.

Chug, Chug, Chug, Chug, Chug, woohoo!

.... hmmm I know I've got some mtaches 'round here

That is toooo rich man, too funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.