1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Joe Barden: Back with J-Bass pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Jul 18, 2007.

1. So far this is just one step above rumor. Nothing on the website yet ( http://www.joebarden.com ) , and no further details about how they'll be configured. I expect thy'll be interesting, though.

I have a set of Jazz Bass 4-string pups Barden made in about 1994 and I offered them back to him for "teaching and research" purposes. They were side-by-side coils - powerful, but no real character to the sound IMHO. If i can get an appointment with him at his shop (in Manassas, kind of a drive) maybe I can find out more.

2. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

...Joe's site is advertising these!

I have a set of Pre-Corporation Bardens in my Tele, and they sound great. If the j-pickups are anything like the Tele ones, they'll be hi-fi for sure!

Chris

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Anyone tried these yet?

4. dman_113

dman_113 Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

Nov 4, 2007
    Charlotte,NC
    There is an ad in bassplayer for these as well.

5. I'm bringing this thread back to the top in the hope that someone here as something to say about the Joe Barden Jazz pickups.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I've had some of his P pickups with a while now, they're very impressive, and the clips of his J pickups I've heard are sweet too.

7. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I know the Rocket Music section of TB has more on the Bardens - The guy who runs Rocket replaced the p/u on his Wick with them, and he either has a Roscoe with them or it's still on order.

8. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Greg at Rocket Music has a set in his Roscoe and they sound really good.

9. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Sorry but correct me if im wrong, are the joe barden pickups passive humbuckers?