1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Joe Dart - Markbass endorsement

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Frampton, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Frampton

Frampton Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2010
    NY
    Wookieeboy, GregC, Mr_O'B and 3 others like this.
  2. Geri O

Geri O Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Good for him!

Go Joe!

Mvilmany, GregC, Mr_O'B and 3 others like this.
  3. lowdownthump

lowdownthump Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Also says he plays a Fender Jazz and a Musicman Joe Dart Custom bass. Any idea or info on that custom MusicMan Joe Dart bass?

Mr_O'B and Dr. Cheese like this.
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Joe Dart did well to pick MarkBass. I love their gear.

Mr_O'B and lowdownthump like this.
  5. I've completely gone down the rabbit hole with Vulfpeck lately, trying to learn some of Joe's lines. I need a 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom woodshed for this task!
    This is great reading from a couple years ago:

GregC and Mr_O'B like this.
  6. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I really wonder what Pickups are in Joe's Jazz bass.(The white/Tort one).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  7. MrMe

MrMe

Aug 26, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    @FunkHead I think he's said that it is Seymour Duncan Antiquites of some sort.

EDIT: If i remember correctly.

8. Yep, that's what he said in the Reddit AMA. Antiquity IIs. And dead Rotosound Swing Bass 66 strings.

GregC likes this.
  9. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Cool, I am not a Jazz bass guy but that one sounds great. Of course that's the recorded tone. No Idea what it sounds like from the audience. I will go see them if and when they get close to NJ.

10. MrMe

MrMe

Aug 26, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Yeah, they've got lots of live stuff on YouTube, and that's exclusively the Jazz. In the studio he uses different basses.

I hope they'll return to Europe soon. Would love to see them live as well.

GregC and FunkHead like this.
  11. Frampton

Frampton Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2010
    NY
    He’s touring next year with Theo Katzman (also of Vulfpeck fame). Theyll be in Brooklyn on 3/22. I’ve got my tix!

GregC and Dave Siff like this.
  12. Thanks for the heads up! They're playing right near me on 3/15.. getting tix now!

Frampton likes this.
  13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Big Vulfpeck/Dart fan checking in. Hey, the Markbass endorsement deal is great, but this endorsement is even better, IMO.:D

And Bootsy is indeed on the latest album, doing vocal work on "Captain Hook." It's the last track.

lowdownthump likes this.
  14. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm going to see Theo (and Joe) in Chicago. I've seen Vulf five times now, but this will be my first Theo solo show.

Dave Siff likes this.
  15. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    Hope its a pedal / preamp with some vulf joooocyy compression type tone

16. I saw Joe with Theo Katzman the other night. Wow. I mean, just wow on every level. Theo is a heck of a frontman and guitar player, and Joe's tone was so deep. He laid it down strong all night, taking only a couple of opportunities to step out, but when he did.. damn! The drummer was awesome, too.
    Also of interest was the opening act -- Bridget Kearney, who plays upright bass in Lake Street Dive, doing her singer-songwriter thing on guitar. Theo said hers is his favorite album of 2018 so far. They did a killer duet on Fleetwood Mac's "Say You Love Me."

GregC likes this.
  17. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I saw the show in Chicago about a week ago and echo your thoughts. Joe's only real spotlight was a solo bit that turned into the intro to the Eagles' "One of These Nights." (Hope you got that one, too, it was great.) Theo and the band were on fire.

Next, you gotta see Vulfpeck!

Dave Siff likes this.
  18. They're playing here next month, on the first day of a 3-day festival. I can get a single-day pass for $56. Mulling it over..
    We did get the Eagles song here! A highlight of the night for sure.

19. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Tough call, I looked at the festival’s site and they don’t appear to be headlining. Then again, I don’t know if they’ve played Atlanta before.

20. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I would love to see Vulfpeck or Theo solo. Heartbreak Hits is an amazing album and in regular rotation on my iPod.

Oh yeah, and the Markbass nod is pretty good too.

GregC likes this.