1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Joe Meek 6Q compressor/preamp & 6 channel rackmount rmx mixer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by lomo, Oct 25, 2017.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Price:
    Joe Meek 6Q is a superb, rackmount compressor/preamp/channel strip. Unit works perfectly and has no issues. Faceplate is clean. Ears are straight. Scratches are on top of the unit and around the screw holes. I love it but I have the same comp in pedal version. It's also a very good preamp, not only for bass but vocals.

$300 US shipped CONUS or most of CAN. I can ship from within Canada or the US.

RMX rackmount 6 channel powered mixer is as new. Not worth shipping this unless it gets sold with the Meek...in that case I'll throw it in for $40. Otherwise will consider pickup or a trade.

Trades considered: unopened 5 string sets, a small combo, pedal preamp, EHX Microsynth Bass, other cool pedals, a cab under 45 lbs, heads +/- $$ either way as fair, a vintage turntable/ jazz vinyl titles, good whiskey. Apologies for the inverted/inept pics :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Hyper-sloth likes this.
  2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    These rock! They get you in the realm of studio sound. I used one for a year with a QSC. because of an interview I read on Jonas Hellborg. He discussed the design philosophy behind the Hellborg pre...basically a Neve channel strip in a rack ( he had an old Neve console and learned to fix everything himself so he knows the complete layout). I ended up selling it to my vocalist since I found a great deal on an Alembic F-2B. Great bit of kit for the price.

lomo likes this.
  3. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    A great preamp. I still own one. Lomo is the kind of guy that you want to deal with as well.