Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Joe Nerve in BP?!? Ack! Thbbbt!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ian Perge, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    There's nothing like finding out that your favorite magazine has arrived in the mail (March '05, Juan Alderete of The Mars Volta on the cover,) sitting down with a nice hot cup of quality coffee, leafing through the first few pages and seeing Joe Nerve's mug on the "Introduce Yourself!" section of Bass Notes, then coughing up said coffee in a spasm of stunned realization that he's mentioned Talkbass and therefore put all our good names in jeopardy!

;)

But in absolute seriousness, congratulations on this occasion Joe. It must be a great feeling to see yourself in print, well-spoken (your "Light-bulb moment" in particular is a wonderful tip for every musician, as well as a great plug for the Bongo :D) and as a wonderful representation of all of us here on Talkbass. Thanks for hopefully making us all seem as well-rounded as you.

...but a teacher?!? I never knew, and now I weep for the future. Those poor children... :help:

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Bwaaahahah, good job Joe!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Geez, Joe, did you have to put in the picture of you with that neckerchief? :D

Congrats!!! And thanks for mentioned TB!

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    DAMN!!!!!!! This isn't fair! I'm supposed to get it first!!!!!!!!

I knew they were doing it but haven't a clue how it's laid out or what they used that I said. I sent them a couple of pictures with my preference being one of my underwear shots. I guess they liked the dumbass neckthing one better. I was kinda undecided on that anyhow. Hope I get mine monday.

....thanks Bill, if you should read this! Yer kindness in this past year is more than greatly appreciated.

So.
    Does this mean I'm famous now?

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think that happens when you are on the cover.

:D

-Mike

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    And the groupies don't come until you get a tourbus. I learned that one already. :)

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Isn't this one of the 4 signs of The Apocalypse?

...me afraid, me very afraid.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Enough about the BP thingy, let's talk about this "neckerchief"? :eyebrow:

:D Congrats, big guy! :bassist:

9. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    LoL when I checked my BP out and saw Joe in there I did a search on TB, found nothing about it, and started a thread on it. I just found out this one already exists. LoL

Oh well, good job buddy!

You were wondering what all they used that you said... they put in that part about you sobbing like a girl when you watched Old Yeller... ;)

10. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Every time I hear the word "neckerchief" I think about the scene in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back when they're in the van with the kids from Scooby Doo and someone says something about how they all take orders from a "di** in a neckerchief." LoL

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :bassist:

12. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    WoW, i think i'm going to have to pick up this issue. I haven't bought many guitar/bass mags lately, but if a fellow TBer is in it-i'll spend the money.

Congrats Joe.

13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Wow! That's SO awesome, Joe. Great job dude.

14. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    thanks for all the kind words everyone.

if i don't get mine tomorrow in the mail i'm going to have to go to the post office and act like an employee.

that was a joke, but when i read it back i didn't get it.

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Going postal... in a post office. Er, yeah.

Ray

16. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Saw the Talkbass reference as well and had to search the site to see if anyone had started a thread about it. For reference, here is said offending photo with said offending neckerchief (from their site):
    [​IMG]

Seriously, though - congrats Joe!

17. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I never knew a bassist to buy an instrument because it matched his eyes before, but there's the proof... :eyebrow:

18. Kevjmyers

Kevjmyers

Dec 10, 2004
    Boulder. CO
    BWAHAHAHA!

Congrats Joe!

19. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Very very cool......congrats :cool:

20. Madness...

Props Joe. Props being my word of the day. :)