Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Joe Osbourne

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I couldda probably easily searched for this, but I didn't... because I didn't. I recently learned in a workshop that I've always loved his playing - but didn't know it was his playing. Can anyone give me a list of hit songs he's worked on in the late 60s and 70s. Anyone else have any thoughts concerning him or his playing?

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I just heard "Aqaurius/Let The Sun Shine" by The 5th Dimension on the a.m. commute.
    Jamming tune with Osborn.
    I like his work with The Carpenters, too.
    ...yes, The Carpenters.

Rob W must be gone...he used to sing the praises of Osborn every chance the opportunity presented itself.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Glad someone else appreciates the dude's work. I'm quite surprised that this is the only response to this.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I was all up for responding because I like his playing as with most of us you don't realise what of his you've heard because he's on so much.

I can't honestly contribute because I can't remember what he played on. I'm sure he's done some beach boys stuff at one point.

I could be wrong

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And that, folks, is Joe on Joe.

brad cook