Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Joe Zawinul 'Faces & Places' out 9/24

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassbrad, Sep 25, 2002.

1. The new Joe Zawinul is out this week and it had Richard Bona, Victor Bailey and Etienne Mbappe on bass and a fine cast of drummers and other players. I'm really liking this better than all the other Zawinul cds, even better than the last 2cd live set.
    There is a 2 cd Weather Report 'Live and Unreleased' next week!

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Oh man, i head a tune off of this CD a few weeks ago, immediately called the station to ask the jock who the bassist was, found out it was Etienne Mbappe and RAN to the CD store, hoping top find it!!!

Glad to know it's finally out. Don't know about the rest of the CD, but what I heard from Mbappe was INSANE!

3. wasn't joe zawinul in weather report?

is this new stuff contemporary jazz style?

:confused:

i might be very interested.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Zawinul's stuff is sort of fusion meets world beat meets (insert eclectic mix of styles here).

And yes, he was in WR.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

See - the Weather Report thead - it has been mentioned extensively there - the Joe Zawinul album has already been out for more than a month in the UK!

We had it first!! ;)

6. thanx...

i'll see if i can find on kazaa. if not the new one, is there another cut that you'd recommend?

b