Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Joe's sexy jazzbass for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Joe Nerve, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Some of you guys have seen it. I can't post pics but if you're interested and you can somehow prove (or I know) you're over 18 I can PM a link to it. Bassically - it's a brand new 5-string SX Jazz bass that I put a lot of hours into covering with the most beautiful naked women in the world. It's truly a work of art and would probably sell for a lot on Ebay - don't have the patience nor the knohow to sell it there.

The bass was handpicked at Rondo (I got the best one there), it has excellent action, sounds great, and has been played only about 5 times in my house. My new Bongo is due this week and I have no need for the bass, plus I could use the money. I'm aksin $400 or best offer. I'll give more details if anyone is interested. If it doesn't go in a couple of weeks I'll probably figure out the ebay thing.

Thanks.
    Joe

2. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Awe its so enticing, it makes me wanna see it

Free bump

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    lol, I doubt this is true...

4. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually, it is. I have seen it.

Free bump, this bass would be awesome to walk into a club with.

5. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I might just PM you, I've got a few praise and worship gigs coming up and my jazz is in the shop. :bag:

6. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I'd like to check it out. my birthday is January 8th 1986

7. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    jeez - I never got so many PMs. thanks for the bumps guys. feel free to keep bumping me.

a little more on the bass... I think I did a wonderful job. if you buy it, when you get it, you'll notice it's definitely hand done - it's not perfect, but for me, that's part of the charm. there are some wrinkles in the paper, and a glitch here and there. it's all pretty solid though, and it ain't coming off. could use a little extra TLC though than a regular finish. If you buy it and plan to gig heavily with it you might want to give it a couple of extra coats of high gloss something or other.

my amp is covered the same way, had been beaten to all hell - but 5 years after covering still looks cool. come of the girls have gotten ripped up a bit, but it's an 80 lb. amp getting loaded and unloaded into trunks 3 to 4 times a week for years.

lastly, I just wanna say that I know asking $400 for an SX seems absurd, but trust me - a real lot went into covering this thing, not to mention that the mags I got most of the girls from (perfect 10) go for about $10 bucks each. If I hadn't done this kind of covering a bunch of times before also, it wouldn't have come out as it did. It really is a work of art that I'm proud of - and I believe it would sell for a lot more on ebay if I weren't such a wuss about that place.

Hey - and if I attain the fame I one day intend to - it'll be priceless. :) c'mon, take a gamble on Joe Nerve and buy it. he's in his starving artist days still!

8. Joe, good luck with your sale! While it is true that it would be very cool to walk into a club with it, it would be most uncool to have to walk out of a marriage with it!! ;)

9. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    :D . my girl helped me cover my amp, and I've got pics of her on it too. not the bass though cuz I knew I was going to sell that.

10. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    People, please only PM me if you're interested in buying the bass. I'm getting lots of PMs and I'm starting to realize ya all just want to see the bass. It's rated "R", nothing that you haven't seen on HBO... and yeah... that's all.

Also, at least please give me a bump and comment on the bass or something if you PM me. Thanks.

11. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Or you could photoshop the photos and blur out the saucy anotomical bits and post it on ebay after all. Bump titty bump bump (sorry, couldn;t resist).

12. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Anyone know how craigslist treats this kinds stuff??? I may go there. I'm not getting the feeling that I'm going to be able to sell this thing here.

13. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Put post it pasties in front of the bikini area and the nipples. Then post it up here.

14. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hmm, do we really want a bass that literally turns us on when we play it?

;) :bag:

15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    My bass does that already. :D