1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Johannes Zetterberg - "Luna Nueva"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Zacky, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Zacky

Zacky

Apr 13, 2009
    Stockholm
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum & thought that I'd give you a tip on a great cd by Swedish bassist Johannes Zetterberg that I've been listening to a lot lately! (This guy's also my bass teacher, so if you got any comments or questions I'd be happy to forward them to him!!) :)

It's jazz/fusion, inspired by Dave Weckl, Chick Corea, Yellowjackets, Karizma, Allan Holdsworth, Michael Landau, to name a few. He's put together a group of quite skilled musicians from over here (Sweden) + special guests Eric Marienthal (Chick Corea Elektric Band, Lee Ritenour, Rippingtons) on sax, Jay Oliver (Dave Weckl, Jay Graydon, Sheryl Crow), Otmaro Ruiz (Frank Gambale, John McLaughlin, Gino Vannelli) & Jason Rebello (Sting, Jeff Beck, Wayne Shorter), all three on keys.

I really dig it, the playing, the production, the songs, well... everything! :) Anyway, I figured a few of you might find it interesting as well!

You can listen to some tracks from the cd on his myspace.

Looking forward to join in on the discussions over here at talkbass.com by the way, seems like a great site & a great way to connect with fellow bassists from all over the world! :bassist:

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    DAMN! That's hip!

Tell Johannes that a guy named Mikey from California thinks he kicks ass.