1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

John East P Retro - any good?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by vates, Apr 19, 2010.

1. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Does somebody already have an experience of retrofitting the subject preamp into his beloved hi-quality P-bass?
    I’m looking for some opinions on these preamps. Any help will be much appreciated.
    (the possible target for retrofitting is Mike Lull P5)
    Thanks!

2. I've read the specs on it...it sounds like a very exciting piece of kit...FINALLY, a preamp designed especially for a P-bass AND what's more; P-bass players...

John East is SUCH a clever dude.

Vates, why don't you put on your explorer's cap...venture into some unknown territory...and share your experiences with the rest of us? :)
    Come on, do it for your bass-playing family...

3. No experience with it, but it looks intriguing for sure.

-RTK

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    There is already a longish thread no this, although last time i looked no one had tried one.

J Est himself is in that thread so it might be best to ask there.

5. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    dave_bass5: Could you please give a link to the said thread? I've tried to use the search but with no positive results :(

PilbaraBass: I'm searching for more opinions on the product at the moment. But with have no luck in this. I'm totally unaware of JE products currently and this particular. The control parameters seem very strange and unfamiliar to me. Maybe, I will have to wear that cap after all :)

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
  7. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Here is the one i was talking about but ive just been beaten to it by stflbn.http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638296&highlight=see

There is also this thread from Basschat in the UK. I think this is probably the best thread as you can see how it developed.

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13343

8. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Thanks! That's a good thread.