Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Entwistle Buzzard Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Does anyone own this monstrosity? I've seen videos of John playing it, and i did some research and i'm seriously considering saving up for it. I'm onyl 17, and like...5000 CDN is alot of money. :D But if anyone has any pictures of it, or comments, problems etc please let me know!

2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Ask and ye shall receive.....

[​IMG]

3. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    Problems? Could there be any problems with anything that costs that much? I certainly hope not anyway...

although i'd shy away from buying it myself, cos you making a pretty big statement, and if your not as good as john entwistle it's probably not such a good idea...

check out the series 2 here which apparently has exactly the same sound, just has a wood body instead of all graphite - and a lot cheaper because of it! Oh and it still has the roman numerals on the fretboard which i think are great...

:bassist: HAIL ENTWISTLE :bassist:

all the best

4. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Heh, IMO the Ox is the only person who can actually look cool playing that monstrosity. James Lomenzo (David Lee Roth, Black Label Society, Hideous Sun Demons) is a VERY accomplished bassist, plays the Warwick Buzzards, and even he can't pull off looking as cool with a Buzzard as the Ox did.

The Buzzard is so ugly it's beautiful.

And, yes, one can find the Buzzard on Status' website as well as Warwick's website.

5. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
  6. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Wow, looks almost exactly like mine =0)
    [​IMG]

Yaay, it's in 2 threads at once now! :hyper:

7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    He sure can in my book.....

:bassist:

8. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If I had the money, i'd definately get one, although i'd probably go for the Series II.

9. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Razor- I will admit James does look cool with the Buzzards. He is one of my favorite bassists. But in terms of looking "cool" with the Buzzard, he still comes in 2nd to The Ox who looks the absolute coolest with one.

10. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    If you want to add more fuel to the Gasing fire!

Theres a book of his collection which is pretty amazing! He did have one hell of a guitar collection! Theres a great shot of a number of his Buzzards literally hanging at a bar! :smug:

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I have this book...
    Bass Culture
    The John Entwistle Bass Collection
    Forward by Roger Daltry & Rick Nielsen
    It's actually cool, cos it shows his 5 and 6ers, along with all his fours. Did ya know he owned a chapman stick? One cool thing I like is he has a Tele, Strat, P and a J bass all from Fender's Custom shop, all white with maple boards... I'll have to see if I can scan some of this stuff and post it :D

Ray

12. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas

Ok Ok...being that you put it like that...I'll let ya' slide. :D :D

13. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Yeah thats the book! :smug:

That was probably the worst thing to get after coming out of GAS Anonymous! :bawl:

14. Dave Rimmer, the current bassist for Zodiac Mindwarp (stage name= "Jack Sh*t" :D ) and Metalworks plays a Warwick Buzzard that had to be custom built as he's left-handed-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]