1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

John Entwistle sang!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hublocker, Aug 30, 2007.

1. hublocker

hublocker

May 17, 2007
    I just saw a video of 30 years of the Who and besides being the amazing bassist that he was, I realized that John Entwistle was also a great vocalist.

The few songs that he sang during a Who show displayed a very strong expressive rock voice.

I confess to not ever listening to his solo albums, but in doing a Youtube search, I discovered him singing a version of "Twist and Shout" that despite having been done in the latter part of his career, still rivalled John Lennon's on the first Beatles album.

2. Dogsferatu

Dogsferatu

May 22, 2007
    Austin, TX
    was a fantastic vocalist, bassist (he was the rhythm guitar in the who AND the bassist), soloist (watch his 5:15 solo from his last tour on you tube) but fantastic songwriter... if only ... if only...

3. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
  4. edmidlifecrisis

edmidlifecrisis Registered mediocre bass player Supporting Member

Is he playing with a pick in that video?

That was great, thanks for the link.

5. he does play with a pick, fingers, plays the trumpet, draws, sang, guitar, loved cars even when he went most of his life without a drivers lisence.

he was a great man.
    lived his dreams.

RIP OX.