1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

John Fogerty not happy about Proud Mary movie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OldDog52, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I can’t say I blame him but unfortunately he doesn’t own the rights. Waddaya gonna do.

John Fogerty on 'Proud Mary' Film: It 'Has Nothing to Do With Me'

"My songs are special to me. Precious. So it irks me when people seek to capitalize on the popularity of my music and the good will it has earned with the public for their own financial gain. Over the years, I have often found myself directly opposed to these uses," he continued. "This movie has nothing to do with me, or my song. They simply picked the title and wrote a completely fictitious story around it."

2. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    He walked into that deal eyes wide open. Against all advice from what I've read.

3. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nice tag line.

D9F97E50-769E-458C-8C36-CDE402907572.

4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    The irony is that every musician wishes their tunes would become so popular that they transcend the original song and become an embedded touchstone of popular culture. But Fogerty achieves this elusive goal -- if he hadn't they wouldn't have used that name for the film, because in point of fact he's right, the movie has nothing to do with him or his song -- and then he complains about it!