Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Frusciante Solo cds

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jordan W, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Ive recently been listening to all of them, Niandra LaDes and Usually just a t-shirt, Smile from the streets you hold, and to record only water for ten days, and i must say these are some damn good cds.

Even though he was in his struggle of herion addiction for Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt, i still think this cd is one of the best ive listened to in the past year. To record only water for ten days is more upbeat (my personal favorite being The first season...something about that song...). Smile from the streets you hold is just weird, plain and simple.

I can't wait for his new CD, theres gonna be bass and drums in it this time! And not drum machine drums. Anyone else love his solo work?

edit: bombed the spelling of Niandra LaDes. oops.

2. I think it's cool. John can be simple, or all over the place. It seems to be one of the most versitile people i've ever heard

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've heard a few of his solo songs. He's a very good musician, he has a brilliant concept of melody. It's a shame heroine had to destroy his playing so much. :(