1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

John Hebert - Spiritual Lover

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by oliebrice, May 11, 2010.

1. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    Hastings, UK
    quick recommendation - John Hebert has a new record out, trio with the French pianist Benoit Delbecq and Gerald Cleaver on drums. On first few listens, I'm really knocked out by it. The bass and drum hook-up reminds me a bit of 60s Peacock with Altschul or Motian, although obviously their own take on that. Great writing too, mostly originals plus one Andrew Hill tune and 'Here's That Rainy Day'.
    http://www.cleanfeed-records.com/disco2.asp?intID=309

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    John Hebert is a freaking wonderful player.

3. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    Hastings, UK
    Yep!

4. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    Yeah, it is a great one. His last one was great, so far I like his albums better that his sideman recordings. He is an awesome player.

5. jbassbear

jbassbear

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Hey cats..John Hebert here...thanks for listening...! Pass the word along..I am really happy with this recording.. and I hope more people can get into it. Take it easy, John

6. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    Hey Jon!! Can't wait to check this one out. I was just listening to you today w/ Frank Carlberg and co. Speaking of which, come back to Maine!