Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John... John.. John!! how´s it goin'?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The_Bass, Dec 4, 2000.

1. how long do we have to wait for Lordonly cd´s?? or at least mp3´s on the site! :)

how´s the process going... apperantly there´s been a while since lordonly.net was updated.. :)

later, Kjarri

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, it's going...the guys in the band have been getting on me too about not getting some of our new mp3s up there. i've been working at a contract job the past month or so, so i've been really busy. we've been recording (and re-recording) a lot of the vocal tracks, since we got the new vocal preamps, so it's been sorta slow.

i want to get some rough mixes up soon, but i've been busy every day till ~ 8:00 pm with work, and then we've been recording every night (and practically all day on the weekends) for the past month & 1/2. we're really tired of this crap and we're ready for it to be over :D so hopefully there should be something up soon.

don't worry, i'll spam the board with the news, you can be sure :D :D :D.

3. you call that an excuse?! you lousy son of a... nevermind.. :D

:D

be sure to spam us up real nice! ;)

4. hey JT seeing that your attention has been grabed i was just wondering, did anyone inspire you to play those mega-basses of yours. are there any bass players you listen to because of their technique on these large basses, and do your cats seem to enjoy your music?

5. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the cats love the music. :D

to be honest, i was the first person i knew of playing 7 strings. i went from 4 to 7 in '93, didn't look back since.

i got a chance to play tim bogert's 6 string tobias at the atlanta summer namm show in '88, and it made a big impression on me. i'd always been a busy player, and the melodic possibilities on a 6 just seemed right to me. by the time i was able to really afford a kick a$$ bass, though, tobias went gibson, and i didn't like what i saw. so i called conklin, who were giving away a bass in bass player mag, and ordered my fretless 7 - figured 7 wouldn't be that much harder than 6, and besides, i've always been one to REALLY be cocky, so i had to go all the way (lined fretless 4 to unlined fretless 7). :D

you guys have got me feeling suitably guilty, so i will make it my pet project this week to get samples of every one of our songs up on the web page. they might not have the best mix imaginable - i'll just be doing the quickie-mix on em - but at least it will give you guys a chance to see that i'm not _totally_ full of crap :D

6. yea cocky is the way to be, as far as your songs on the web could you also publish the tabs, and make them for 7 and 4 string, i saw your letter in bass player and i know how much you love tabs, (good write by the way) :D

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i would be glad to do the score (i know the basics of what all the instruments are doing, as well as the bass lines) but i don't know about tabs - i don't think i know how :D. and thanks :D

8. well... if you could do that, that would be VERY cool!! :D

:cool: