1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale John Juzek Ply Double Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by DJ Edwards, Feb 4, 2017.

1. DJ Edwards

DJ Edwards

Jun 18, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    Bought this bass about a year ago with intentions of playing bluegrass. Unfortunately, as a graduate student, time is in short supply and I have played it very little. I'll be moving for clinical rotations soon and do not want to have to move the bass with me out of fear of it being damaged during the process.
    I'm a complete rookie to the double bass, so take that as a disclaimer regarding my general knowledge. From what I have been able to gather, this bass was made in the early 50's. It is a Plywood bass. The label is still in place and there is a picture of it attached to this post. Neck is in good shape and has not been broken. The previous owner had an adjustable bridge professionally installed, and the bass is in good playing condition. It does have plenty of character, and in the pictures you should be able to see the wear on the instrument.
    If you have questions, feel free to contact me and I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability

Attached Files:

2. misterbadger

misterbadger Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Northern California
    I just bought the identical bass on the west coast. These are very nice instruments, big and solid, with a great sound. Nice price too!

3. scott reed

scott reed Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Memphis
    Conversation started.

4. Diego28Rivera

Diego28Rivera

Jun 24, 2017
    Hi, is this double bass still available?

5. Saraperos 1975

Saraperos 1975 Commercial User

Jun 29, 2017
    San Luis Potosi Mexico
    Can you tell more about your instrument , like sring length if is 3/4 or 4/4 if it is still available, i would like if you can show a video or something playing with bow, I would like to buy your double bass but I need to know how is the sound with the bow , thanks and forgive me because my english is no good.

6. kennettsq

kennettsq Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    winchester ,va
    Still available?

7. reggaebassmann

reggaebassmann Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2008
    BETHANY OKLAHOMA
    looking for any trades? I got some great electric bass gear