1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD John Kallas Masterbuilt 1966 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Wolfman, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Other than playing at Church, I am just not playing enough to justify keeping such a nice bass so I have decided to put this up for sale. I picked this up here on TB in 2016 and it has never left the house. I never gigged with it.
    Buyer pays shipping. Lower 48 USA only though paypal. Not interested in trades.

From the original seller:
    Beautiful John Kallas 1966 Jazz Bass. Kallas builds these as close to original spec as possible. That means nitro finish, period correct tuners(lollipop), 1966 neck profile, 1966 headstock. Great looking bass that also sounds great. Many say these are nicer than some Fender Custom Shop builds and I have to agree. Has a very small ding on body-see pic. Weight is about 9.3lbs. Bass comes with a matching lollipop Hipshot D-tuner installed (plus original E tuner in case) and tweed hardshell case.

Last pic shows a page from the 1966/67 Fender catalog with the bass this one was modeled on far left.
    Links from last sale:
    Testimonials

SOLD - John Kallas Masterbuilt 1966 Jazz Bass

IMG_3394.JPG IMG_3395.JPG IMG_3396.JPG IMG_3397.JPG IMG_3398.JPG IMG_3399.JPG IMG_3400.JPG IMG_3401.JPG

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Stugilliam, R&B, Federighi and 11 others like this.
  2. More or Les

More or Les Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    I LOVE MY KALLAS JAZZ BASS!!
    FENDER J BASS.JPG

aldaa, sneha1965, murphy and 3 others like this.
  3. Johns basses are sweet

Wolfman likes this.
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Where does John source his bodies and necks from? Does he rework then after they're received?

Just curious as I am drooling over this bass.

5. To be honest I don’t know. I am sure there are fellow TBer’s that can speak to this but I’m not the expert. He has a lot of info on his website though:
    johnk vintage basses

6. Hi neighbor. Nice bass

Wolfman likes this.
  7. Now offering free shipping!

noeinstein likes this.
  8. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    That’s a really good deal. Someone will be very happy. If I didn’t have this already, I might have to consider. GLWTS!

B9CAEAE7-A56F-4AA7-AF11-033EA6001E4F.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    R&B, gkbass13, grrg63 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Getting ready to pull this one down...