1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

John Legend - P.D.A. (We Just Don't Care)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by telekaster, Nov 4, 2006.

1. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    So I've been listening to the new John Legend CD lately and the song PDA is always stuck in my head. I'm a rock-oriented player and I find that figuring out rock basslines is much easier for me than R&B/funk/soul lines. The fills are so much more tighly spaced in R&B and I think I have a problem distinguishing quick notes a half step apart. It's pretty frustrating sometimes.

Can anybody help me out on this one? I know it's in E, then it goes to B. Even the basic chord progression would help a lot.

This is the style of music I'd like to progress to but it's really unfamiliar territory when it comes to recognzing patterns and such.

I can send one of my good-eared brothers a clip if needed. Thanks!

2. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Bumping this up from the grave to see if anybody has some tabs or something for it.

3. here is the gist:

*m after the fret number means MUTE it straight after you play for a very short note
    *listen for exact timing and figure out the tight funk fills yourself :p

chords: F#, B, F#, B, A#, D#

VERSE
    g-
    d----------------------4
    a-12\------2--1-2--/6
    e-----0---4
    b-

g-
    d---------------------4---
    a--------2m-1-2---/6----- X2
    e-0---/4-----------------
    b-

g------------3m---6m-*-6m---8m
    d-
    a-/6-4m-2-1----4------------/6---6-6-6\
    e-
    b-

BRIDGE roots 3:00
    E, B, - C#, F#, B
    B, E, A, - F#

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021