1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

john mayer vid

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OrionManMatt, May 4, 2006.

1. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston

wow.

2. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

3. I had heard before that he was a really good guitarist.

That just proved it. Certainly knows his way around the board. Those were some good blues :)

4. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    where's Pino????!!!!

5. K, seemed like he had a good idea in the beginning. Seemed to be a lack of focus or the idea just never came together though. My opinion of course. Thanks for the vid.

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Agreed. Great licks, but didn't seem to go anywhere.

7. You're right, it was kind of stagnant... better at the beginning. Playing blues solos like that can get old real fast unless you've really got it (SRV!!!)

8. I was never a big fan of John Mayer, but I like his stuff with the trio a lot better. And I like Pino a lot, he's has some good licks up his sleeve. At least John isn't writing songs about running through the halls of his high school anymore. Definitely a talented guitarist, glad he gets to show people that a lot more now.

9. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've listened to John Mayer for a while; but never really liked his stuff that much.

Until the trio...

10. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    Some people were saying that he would be commiting "career suicide" by delving into the blues rock scene, but he still has his old fan base and he has gained many more fans from his new style. I think it's pretty awesome. Pino's bad ass.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I really like his new stuff with trio, I think that it's some of his best stuff, and he's really coming along as a guitar player. Still maturing, but I think one day he may be around SRV calibur.

12. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Solo started out okay but then it seemed like he decided to make it sound bad and just blew away all honesty in what he was playing.

Gonna listen to it again closer later on.

13. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    I like the old stuff and the trio.

Playing in that format is so much fun.