John Myung instructional vid?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by blackreverend, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Hey all,
    I recently got a second hand copy of JM's Progressive bass concepts, and the guy didnt have the booklet; i was wondering if anyone had a scan of the piece he plays in the demo of the Harmonics section; i dont know what its called, or even if it's a real piece of music, but but if it is, I'd like to know the name. It's also the piece that plays during the credits.
    For those who may need more clarification, it's the tune with the sweeping harmonics on the second fret, a few more going up the neck then a fretted rhythm between C and B on the E string.

All help is appreciated- Happy New Year!

2. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    The video is pretty darned boring. You can only get it for VHS and it's $25.99. If you want me to send you 2 really cool songs off it, being "Solar Groove" and "Freeport Jam." Both are good solo songs. Hop on AIM and hit me at EyCroce791 if you want me to send you them.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Isn't that video basically him showing how to play scales.
  5. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Yes. Pretty much the whole thing is him playing a million arpeggio permutations.
  6. much thanks to danoman for a his help!
  7. anybody notice that he wouldnt seem out of place at a monestary by the way he speaks? *Snooooooooooooooooore*

ps. the thing he plays during the intro is just a little improvisation I think...