Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Myung Progressive Bass Concepts Video

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by Vic, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just got this from another TB'er, have viewed the whole thing, and while it's a great video with no flaws in the tape that I can recall seeing, it's not as good for me as the Stockton video I already have.

So, here we go...

John Myung Progressive Bass Concepts (VHS) $15 shipped to your door (Retail: $25 + tax and/or shipping) . Includes exercise booklet.

Info...

[​IMG]

John Myung - Bass
    Mike Portnoy - Drums
    Derek Sherinnian - Keyboards

John Myung, the bassist for the progressive heavy metal band Dream Theater, discusses and demonstrates the techniques that placed him in the forefront of progressive bass playing. Topics include: chord tones, patterns and chord applications, scales, harmonics, left- and right-hand techniques, tapping and more. Features various examples of Dream Theater songs, with performances by Mike Portnoy (drums) and Derek Sherinian (keyboard). Includes a 40-page booklet. 60 minutes. (Rittor Music)

The video contains the opening bass solo, chord tone lesson, pattern application, choral application, scale lesson, harmonics lesson, ("Lifting Shadows Off A Dream"), left hand technique ("A Change of Seasons"), right hand technique, tapping technique ("Metropolis" and "Scarred"), and a jam with Mike and Derek.

2. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I'll take a chance at that price. :D
    PM sent.
    Thanks.

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine