Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Myung signature series bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Jun 11, 2005.

1. does anyone own one of these or ever played one? What did you think of it? Pics?

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Go to the John Myung forum,they have everything about the JMRBX2..for me is nice but this bass can,t slap.

3. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I wouldn't go to JMF for opinions about the JM sig series. They're all JM fanboys, so they'll never give you objective opinions. I had to leave that forum (along with a couple other folks) because that forum is full of asshats.

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    lol,but its true :D

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Asshat ... is that like a butt helmet?

6. no no no, asshat is just a mis-spelt abbreviation of As Shat, shat being short for William Shatner, a renouned singer. It was orriginally WWSD (What Would SHat DO) But people decided asshat was better.

7. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    I'm one of the biggest DT fans around.

Everytime I pick up my bass, I warm up on Take The Time, Just Let Me Breathe, & 6:00. And for the exception of Portnoy's, all the DT boards suck, one reason already mentioned above.

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    LM Asshat O! :D :D :D

MM

9. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Wow, so it's a Shatner reference? I just used it because I thought it was an insult that was fun to say. Just listen to it. "Asshat, asshat, asshat, asshat."

But I love William Shatner, so I'm going to have to stop saying it.

10. +1, refrain!!!!!

BTW Snarf, I left too, so many people taking the crap about me hating Octavarium! So I had enough of it.

11. Rico_2212

Rico_2212

Jul 6, 2004
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Peavey Amps Club #64
    I like the first series (having bought mine for an obscenely low price.) :D Having said that, I don't think the new ones are all that great. Cheaper materials, shorter scale length, etc. not withstanding, even JM put a second pu on his.

12. Well, you won't have to stop saying. Just start using it differently such as
    asshat is the greatest man and singer on the planet. If anyone disagrees...

....set phasers to kill.