John Myung's Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigwan, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Hi evrybady....

I just got DT's Scenes from a memory DVD (that's why I'm drooling....) and noticed that John Myung's signature 6 string isn't sporting the standard yamaha pickups.

It looks like he's fitted a set of 6 string Jazz pickups, fitted the yamaha pickup covers on top and drilled the standard pickup covers for the polepieces.....

Does anybody know what these pickups are (underneath the Yamaha covers I mean)...

I know there's talk of a new signature series bass with a MM style pickup but I'd still like to know what he has on his 'older' sig series bass....

Ian C.
  2. yeah, the DVD rules. I got severe drooling the first few times I saw it too :D

Anyway I don't exactly know what he did to his bass on the DVD. He has been experimenting a little with his basses lately, probably to find out how wanted his new sig. bass to be. Here is a pic of his new bass....
  3. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    6 string, single MM style pickup, body looks like one of those Cort luthite bodies..

very few knobs! nice
  4. It's still a Yamaha though I belive, that bass should be coming out sometime this year after Namm I assume...I have a video of him playing with that silver bass, its from DT live in belgum playing the song Master Of Puppets during the time they played that entire CD as an encore. Cool video to watch.

and the Scenes from a Memory DVD is soooo Beautiful. I love that entire thing, the deleted scenes/encore is just as long and just as good.