Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Patitucci 6-er

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I was going to buy a new Carvin 6 stringer but I have been just recently been offered a John Patitucci 6 string Yamaha for about the same price (which is about half of waht the JP sig usually costs). This bass looks really really nice, but I have never really heard anything about the Patitucci basses, so if anyone has any feedback about it , PLEASE reply because this offer will only last be a day or so.

thanks a lot

ps- I'm thinking that if I don't like it I could just re-sell it for a higher price or the same and I would definately easily be able to make my money back, but I dunno if it's worth it.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Buy it. Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it.

Every day I wish I had one of those basses, and everyday I wake up to find out that I don't. And I die a little inside.

John P bass > Carvin

3. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Finland
    The fingerboard is really _wide_ on the JP bass. I´ve herad nothing but positive commnets on it though.

4. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i was just gonna say that. plus the REALLY wide string spacing. but other than that its DEFINATELY better than the carvin!

5. Ohhh man, those JP sigs are amazing. The electronics on the thing yeild so many awesome tones, and everything feels so comfortable on it.

6. What? You still don't own it? :p Stop reading this and go buy the thing!

7. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    thanks for the advice, hopefully i can make a bid at it soon