1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

John Patitucci Bass School and his 60 Melodic Etudes Book

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by RobMac, Jan 11, 2020.

1. RobMac

RobMac

Sep 9, 2016
    Edinburgh
    Mel Bay Author
    I've been reading through John's 60 Melodic Etudes book, which has a scales section and an etudes section, and I really like what I'm reading.

So, I looked at his online school and saw that it has scales and melodic etudes, and I'm wondering if they are the same. Anyone know?

IamGroot likes this.
  2. No clue, but Johns book is a good one. I t offers both simandl and ofpf fingerings

I would suggest learning multiple fingering options if you play jazz solos.on electric basd

3. RobMac

RobMac

Sep 9, 2016
    Edinburgh
    Mel Bay Author
    My question about fingering systems on the DB forum was about playing the DB. I'm perfectly at home on the electric bass, which I've played for decades, and for which I have a book called Classical and Contemporary Studies for Bass Guitar, published by Mel Bay. But thanks for your advice nonetheless.

I like the studies in John's book a lot, and he's a wonderful player and teacher. I was just wondering if he was using the same studies or another set.

4. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    They're not the same, if you are talking about his course over at ArtistWorks.

RobMac likes this.
  5. RobMac

RobMac

Sep 9, 2016
    Edinburgh
    Mel Bay Author
    I am. Thanks. Now I know :)