Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Patitucci Discography

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by The Jazz Lawyer, Apr 21, 2003.

1. I thought I'd begin compiling a discography of John Patitucci's work seeing as I thought I had a good number of CDs where he appears as bassist. I quickly became daunted by the number of dates he has recorded.

Of course, there is his work as leader and the well-known sideman appearances with Chick Corea's groups (Electric and Acoustic Bands).

It appears, however, as though he has worked with so many varied artists both on CD and in films, it is difficult to discover all of his work. Unfortunately, his web site doesn't have a discography.

Does anybody have a discography?

I'll post what I have compiled so far on a future post soon.

Peace,

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
  3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I recently started down the AMG list, and found the Monty Alexander Trio's "Echoes of Jilly's" CD, with John on it.

Fantastic record.

4. One of the more obscure places I found Patitucci was on an early 90's album by the pop group - Jellyfish, the album is called "Bellybutton" - I think they folded awhile back, but he's got 2 or 3 tracks on there. I'd have to dig out the album, but I believe he played upright on 1 song & electric on the others.

Many beers have passed since I've checked this album out - please excuse any inaccuracies.

5. The AMG list is excellent, thanks. It appears to be right up-to-the minute as it lists Wayne Shorter's newest one.

The Jellyfish album is one that I came across too...now that was wierd, I had a hard time listening to that. John, what's that about?

Peace