John Patitucci Sig.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by keithconn, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Does anyone own one of these beasts? I was just hanging out at SamAsh during lunch and decided to be brave and pick one of these up and check it out. WOW! I couldn't believe how easy this 6 string was to play. I mean, it really felt amazing!! And looks - it really looks sweet!

I guess for the price of 2300.00 it should be this impressive, but I was really taken with it.

Later -
    K.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The JP's and the TRB6's can be found very reasonbly priced used (under $1K).

3. I own one and got it for less than that price....It ran me fifteen hundred bones. I like it a lot. Really wide neck, plays well, sounds good, and does the job. Here's the pic....

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I thought the "new" TRB6P was better than the Patitucci sig - it has neck-through construction, exotic woods, piezos and better bridge. Similar feel though in terms of shape, playability etc. I've seen a few pros in the UK picking these up and the TRB5P - (5-string equivalent)

5. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have the TRB5II. Great tone - almost sounds like JP's bass. It had no problems adjusting to the five-string coming from a Squier P-Bass. I would suppose the reason is the string spacing is the same - giving way to rather wide neck. I just can't believe I payed $700 for it.:D