John Patitucci Sig.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by keithconn, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Does anyone own one of these beasts? I was just hanging out at SamAsh during lunch and decided to be brave and pick one of these up and check it out. WOW! I couldn't believe how easy this 6 string was to play. I mean, it really felt amazing!! And looks - it really looks sweet!

I guess for the price of 2300.00 it should be this impressive, but I was really taken with it.

Later -
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The JP's and the TRB6's can be found very reasonbly priced used (under $1K).
  3. I own one and got it for less than that price....It ran me fifteen hundred bones. I like it a lot. Really wide neck, plays well, sounds good, and does the job. Here's the pic....
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I thought the "new" TRB6P was better than the Patitucci sig - it has neck-through construction, exotic woods, piezos and better bridge. Similar feel though in terms of shape, playability etc. I've seen a few pros in the UK picking these up and the TRB5P - (5-string equivalent)
  5. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have the TRB5II. Great tone - almost sounds like JP's bass. It had no problems adjusting to the five-string coming from a Squier P-Bass. I would suppose the reason is the string spacing is the same - giving way to rather wide neck. I just can't believe I payed $700 for it.:D