Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Patitucci Signature Bass – TRBJP

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by chinjazz, Jun 20, 2005.

1. chinjazz

chinjazz Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    SOLD! Thanks cephas45

This is the original John Patitucci Signature Bass – TRBJP. I’m the original owner and bought it from Guitar Center in Orlando in 11/2004. In terms of playability and tone (first fret to the 24th), it’s the clearest, full sounding and most versatile bass I’ve played. I can get traditional P Bass, and Jazz Tones. I also can get all kinds of modern tones.
    If you’re interested in getting into a 6 string to either emulate some of the greats playing upper register leads, melodies, and chords, this is a great way to go (at a great value). Here’s a review from Harmony Central:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Yamaha/TRB_6_John_Patitucci_Signature_Bass-01.html

As you can see by the pictures here, it’s a beauty! It’s got a real deep (blue/grey) figured top – Understated yet very serious. I was able to talk the price down at Guitar Center because it had scratches on the bottom edge. Some customer had one of those Harley Wallets with chains and sat the bass down on the chains and proceeded to play. I was able to talk the store manager down in price significantly, and I’m passing this savings onto the you. I do believe this cosmetic short coming can be sanded and buffed out w/a high grade sand paper, but I never had the time to pursue it. This bass didn’t come with a case.

Just Put up some more Pics on my personal web site: More PICS!

Specs from Yamaha Web Site:
    http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA...00%26VNM%3DLIVE%26AFLG%3DY%26LGFL%3DY,00.html

I’m giving TB users first crack at this bass before going Ebay because I firmly believe in this great bass forum. I got this bass from a lead from tim99, and rewarded him pretty nicely. I’m asking $1400.00 + Shipping.

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    This is a nice bass. I've played a few different ones and every time I've thought "I will own one of these someday".

I wish today was the day, because yours is gorgeous and I'd totally pay $1500 for it if I had it.

3. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    I felt the exact same way for a few years before I bought it. As with an MTD I used to own, life priorities lead me to sell. Thanks, Adam

4. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    email sent ....
    - Tom

5. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    bump - still alive and well :)

6. Is it anything like his new signature bass, which is utterly amazing?

7. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    To my knowledge Yes, it's got a few less frets. It's got all the different fancy layered woods.

This was the first version, then a few years later his new model came out.

8. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The new one has a few more frets and is 35", and might have a different preamp. Other than that it's mostly aesthetic.

9. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    This is a great bass, and I'm sure the new one is too. :bassist:

10. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    SOLD! Hey everyone who expressed interest, thanks!

And of course special thanks to: cephas45!

11. Thank YOU.

I'll let you know how it turns out once it gets here.