Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Turner read please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ThePaste, Apr 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What was that thing that you plug all your stuff |edit: into| (example Big Muff, DOD envelope filter, or other stuff like that), and that you can control with a MIDI floorboard so that you don't need to worry about the individual pedals? I remember you told me what it was a while ago but I forgot. |edit: I think it was rackmountable?|

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey

yeah, it's a rack unit called the switchblade GL. it's a bit pricey ;) here's their website...

http://www.soundsculpture.com/

the unit that i have was $1750. they also sell an 8 input unit for ~$800. the unit is awesome, it comes with a program that you can use to set up your routing patterns, and then download from your computer via midi. very cool

3. Awesome! So they are called switchblades? And like, if you have a SVP PRO (which is non programmable), can you save one setting on the switchblade, then make another setting and save it? Anyways thanks!

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sorry if this appears rude - but isn't this exactly what the Personal Message facility was designed for?

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    More or less...

6. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Due to the fact that several people have complained about this being closed, I've re-opened it and moved it over to Effects. You can deal with it now, jr! ;)

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, i started another thread in effects, so this can be merged with it or deleted.

8. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    D'oh! :)

9. ok lets close this here puppy......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.