John Turner would be proud

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 9, 2000.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was at GC this Saturday, and I played a bunch of basses, and after trying some Waricks (sweet) and some Pedulla's (sweeter), an Ibanez BTB, and some Sterling/Stingrays, I came across a Conklin GT 7 stringer. And I'll tell you what, I've never played a bass that felt so right as that 7 string. I've played a million 4s, 5s, and a buncha 6ers, of all makes and models, and I tell you, the Conklin is what felt right, better than any other, and it was just a regular 7, and I think that is going to be my next bass! Well, not next next, but about a year down the road next :D John, you should be proud, you've made me yet another 7 stringer, and a Conklin man to boot. Now if only I could play fretless, I'd have Johns job....:D
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there ya go! didn't i say you'd like that? ;) good for you, i'm glad that you liked it.

just another few million people, before the world is filled with mini-me's :D.
  3. hmm.. I have yet to try one of those amazing conklin monsters... hey john.. if I go buy one.. should I go shave the sides of my head too? just to be a lil like john.. maybe then i could have your skill.. hehe =)

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool! mohawks rule!
  5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Hey brendan, we can have a race to get one first. Of course, I get mine for cost, but I'll tell you how to get one a lot cheaper than marked, perhaps almost at cost...

Bring in a price you wanna spend, play the bass for about 20 minutes or until a salesman tries to schmooze you. ONLY DEAL WITH THE FIRST SALESMAN WHO TALKS TO YOU IN GUITARS! Tell him that you want the bass, but you have a certain amount to spend and ask if they can knock a few bucks off the price. If they don't do it for your idea (be reasoanble though), tell them you have to think about it and start to walk out. THE BEST DEAL: Come in near closing on a day where it's been slow (Tues), play till they start to vaccuum and then pitch the deal. I bet you can get it for about $1100 out the door with a bag or case.

Or, try to bring in the BassNW price.