1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

John Wetton cancels tours

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bob_Ross, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Just saw a note on District 97's Facebook feed: Due to a new chemotherapy treatment he's undergoing this year, John Wetton will be unable to fly. He's going to miss performing on Cruise To The Edge, and he'll also have to miss the Asia tour.

And apparently Billy Sherwood will be filling in for him on the Asia tour.

2. I read his Facebook message. He said he was only missing the first twelve dates of the Asia tour, opening for Journey, because he can't fly while receiving treatment.

A.K. and Bob_Ross like this.
  3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Ah, good to hear, thanks for the clarification.

4. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    Wishing a speedy recovery!

Spectrum, NealBass and GregC like this.
  5. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Damn, that's a disappointment. But hell, I ain't gonna complain about seeing Billy Sherwood in Eugene in March when I see Asia open for Journey. He's a bad mofo!

6. Axstar

Axstar

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    I hope he gets well soon. We cannot lose another Prog bass Titan in as many years.

portpc likes this.
  7. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Wishing nothing but the best for Mr. Wetton. I follow him on twitter and he recently posted a Christmas photo of himself and Robert Fripp. He looked about 100lbs lighter than last time i saw him play live. Not gaunt or necessarily sickly, just very thin. Such a fantastic musician, I really hope he can beat this.

portpc likes this.